Nike Athlete Suzann Pettersen, secured a playoff victory this weekend at the LPGA LOTTE Championship in Hawaii.
Pettersen won with 14 Nike clubs in her bag including the new VR_S Covert driver with the Nike FlexLoft adjustability system set at 9.5 N (Neutral). The stunning red driver features a cavity-back design, distinctive and simple FlexLoft adjustability system, and NexCor face. Petterson’s victory is her second win this season using the innovative VR_S Covert driver.
Pettersen fired 26 birdies and produced an average of 26 putts per round using her Nike Method Putter. The Nike Method franchise features Nike’s polymetal groove technology, generating a faster forward roll at impact for increased accuracy.
“It felt like I executed four good rounds under par in very different conditions. I've been feeling good with my putter, so I said to myself, ‘you know what, you might make a few errors but you're going to have plenty of opportunities to make birdies,’”
Pettersen also played with Nike’s new 20XI X ball featuring Nike’s RZN Core technology. The RZN core provides a lighter, faster and more responsive experience than tradiitonal rubber. It also allows for less spin off the driver and more spin off the wedge, creating greater distance and control.
With her recent switch to the combination of the VR_S Covert and new 20XI X golf ball, Pettersen picked up an average of 18.5 yards off the tee since her last win at the Mission Hills World Ladies’ Golf Championship.
Pettersen wore Nike Golf Apparel from the Performance line and new footwear launching this fall.
Pettersen’s Nike Golf Arsenal
- Driver: Nike VR_S Covert 9.5 degree
- Fairway Wood: Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood/13-degree
- Hybrid: Nike VR_S 18-degree
- Irons: Nike VR Pro Cavity (4-5), VR Pro Combo (6-PW)
- Wedges: Nike VR Pro 48-degree, 52-degree and 59-degree
- Putter: Nike Method Core 3i
- Ball: Nike 20XI X
- Apparel: Nike Tour Performance Women’s Collection
Nike Golf’s 2013 PGA Tour Victories
- Tiger Woods – Arnold Palmer Invitational
- Tiger Woods- WGC Cadillac Championship
- Scott Brown- Puerto Rico Open
- Tiger Woods- Torrey Pines
- Russell Henley- Sony Open
Nike Golf’s 2013 International Victories
- Scott Jamieson – The Nelson Mandela Championship (European Tour)
- Charl Schwartzel – Alfred Dunhill Championship (European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2013 LPGA Tour Victories
- Suzann Pettersen- LPGA LOTTE Championship
Nike Golf’s 2013 Ladies International Victories
- Suzann Pettersen- Mission Hills World Ladies’ Golf Championship