adidas today unveiled the D Rose 4.5 signature basketball shoe – the latest in a line of premium and personal signature products designed for Chicago Bulls point guard, Derrick Rose.
The D Rose 4.5 features an exclusive, tailored design inspired by his unmatched natural instincts on the court.
The all-new D Rose 4.5 signature basketball shoe features a unique “hybrid skin” upper inspired by Chicago Bulls superstar Derrick Rose’s aggressive, attacking style of play. Dropping in multiple colorways, each edition pays homage to a different aspect of Derrick’s life with unique colors, materials and design details.
- While the D Rose 4 represented Derrick’s on and off-court personalities, the D Rose 4.5 design pays tribute to his attacking and relentless on-court play
- The D Rose 4.5 design was inspired by Derrick’s unmatched natural instincts on the court—an aggressive and explosive style of play that is unpredictable and undeterred by challenges
- The D Rose 4.5 features a unique “hybrid skin” upper that was designed to meet the demands of Derrick’s style of play by using a combination of mesh and synthetic materials for support, flex and control
PERSONAL DETAILS & STYLE
- The D Rose 4.5’s “hybrid skin” is functional and stylish, representing the fastest and most unique animals on the planet while meeting Derrick’s high standards of style
- Prominent on the ankle and tongue, the D Rose 4.5 boldly showcases the D Rose logo with three petals that revolve around the letter “D” and number “1” in the center
- Each colorway of the D Rose 4.5 will feature special, personal graphics on the inside of the tongue including tributes to Chicago and his family and career
- The D Rose 4.5 has a special lace jewel on the bottom lace featuring the “ROSE” wordmark for added style
- Three stripes branding is featured on the back of the shoe
- The D Rose 4.5 was designed to increase Derrick’s speed and quickness with an upper that enhances the Crazyquick technology in the outsole
- The D Rose 4.5 uses adidas’ innovative technology, the Crazyquick outsole traction system, to give Derrick maximum control and flexibility for quick and agile moves on the court
- SPRINTWEB technology reduces weight and provides maximum breathability
- SPRINTSKIN upper enhances support on the lateral side, while the medial side works with the flex benefits of the Crazyquick outsole
- SPRINTFRAME adds strength and stability and the sole features high-grade injection molded EVA to ensure the most lightweight, flexible and cushioned ride on the court
- An asymmetrical engineered molded EVA collar with GEOFIT technology increases padding around the ankle and creates a more natural ergonomic fit with enhanced comfort
The D Rose 4.5 will launch in China on January 1 and worldwide on January 30.